Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Malaysian Wednesday

I woke up pretty early this morning and had a hard time going back to sleep. I knew I had some budget to work on and was going to try and check email at work and so . . . the mind was racing and I could not sleep. I worked about 3 hours before I was to meet with some friends to run and then catch breakfast. Francis and his wife own Canaanland Distributors and are LifeWay partners here in Malaysia. They are wonderful folks. The run was in a nice park complete with monkeys running around and jumping from tree to tree. Have to say that running with monkeys was a first for me.

We had an Indian style breakfast which was much like the breakfast I had every day when I was in India two years ago. It was very good. In fact, all of the food has been very good. At lunchtime I met with David who is an IMB missionary here and is doing some work among students. Wonderful guy who is doing a very good work here. He will be a part of the training that we do on Friday. I was to have had a meeting this evening but the other people were not able to meet due to some conflicts they are dealing with. Seems that there is even drama in Malaysia at times.

I am enjoying the green tea and the famous Ipoh White Coffee. In fact the pastor in Ipoh made sure that I have plenty of white coffee to take home with me. An interesting fruit over here is durian and it looks like a porcupine on the outside and fleshy on the inside. It smells awful and is actually forbidden in the hotel that I am staying in. I have not tried it yet, but have smelled it a few times.

Here is a video that I made earlier this morning for those of you who may be needing to see my face or hear my voice.

Please pray for the training that we will be doing tomorrow, Fri., and Sat. Edward from Canaanland is being intentionally trained to lead the training that I am doing this week. Very cool.

No comments: