Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Update

It has been a busy day today with booth set up at Southeast Conclave in Atlanta. It is always good to be at this event because we connect with so many youth ministers we have known for a long time and also meet some new folks. I love this part of my job. I am thankful I get to hear their stories and to encourage them and share some solutions that we have to offer at LifeWay Student Ministry. It really is a great job.

Tomorrow I head home to be a part of the Make a Wish game with DCA playing Goodpasture at our place. If you are anywhere near Nashville and can come out and support the Make a Wish night, come on.

I am missing Sondra and the girls. Morgan seems to have had a better day today which is really good. Hoping these enzymes she is taking will help her belly. Also, please remember my nephew Jimmy who is a great young man who has been struggling for a few years with an injured back from when he was in the Army. He was to have had surgery today to fix his back but they found a "mass" in one of his lungs and need to check that before doing any surgery. Pray that there is not really anything going on there.

It will be good to get home tomorrow. I am doing a conference on Sunday in northern Alabama but should be home in time for the Super Bowl. Not really concerned about who wins that game but I guess the Cards would be my choice just because they have never been there. Not sure they can beat the Steelers though.

No comments: