Friday, January 16, 2009

Miracle on the Hudson


I was in the air yesterday when the plane crashed into the Hudson. When I landed in St. Louis, CNN Airport was not broadcasting anything live and had something on about mortgages for hours. I guess they did not want to panic those of us who were sort of oblivious to what had happened to the USAir flight. My dad called to check on me and knew that I was not in NY, but just wanted to make sure I was ok. I finally found a tv in a restaurant that was broadcasting and it was then that I began to hear how everything unfolded.

The pilot, Sully Sullenberger, was an absolute genius in all that he did from reacting to finding a safer place to land than buildings and homes, and then searched the plane twice before deplaning himself. God bless this man. I want to fly on his airplane.

Thank you God for sparing the lives of 155 people in that plane. May you get glory for all that happened and thanks for using normal people to get Your ways accomplished.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

What an incredible act of bravery in the midst of catastrophy! From the things I've heard from others talking (even my boss who's not a religious man at all), God is getting the glory for this one! Thanks for speaking to it in your Blog!
Steve