Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Logging Many Miles


It has been an interesting travel day today. I got up at 415a, showered, dressed, ate a quick bowl of cereal and made my way to the airport. Jumped on a plane bound for Miami, Rudy Guiliani was on the plane and I got to meet and talk with him for a short minute, landed in Miami and had 1.5 hour layover and jumped on another plane to Tampa. Met with Jeff Hessinger, the FL state youth guy, for lunch and some ministry planning. Jeff is one of those guys who does a great job of trying new things. He is trying an idea that mentors younger youth ministers in the state. It was good to hear what is going on and to brainstorm some ways that we can work together.

After a good lunch at a restaurant overlooking Tampa Bay, I headed back to the airport to catch a flight back to Miami and then on to Atlanta. Right now I am sitting in the Miami airport and I have to say that the master plan on this place is pretty whacked. I have not been through here in about 10 years and now I remember why. I owe an apology to the New Orleans airport since I busted on it about a month ago. Miami airport is pretty rough as far as facilities. I actually the international flavor and feel of the people, but the facilities, . . . well, I have already commented on them.

Talk with Morgan earlier and her stomach is pretty yucky today. We have a dr. appt. on Sat. to go over the results of a series of tests she has been going through. We need to find out what is going on with our little girl for sure.

Looking forward to getting to Atlanta tonight, checked into the hotel and sleeping all night and then presenting at Youth Ministry Institute tomorrow late morning. I then head home via St. Louis. Crazy routing on this trip but it saved a bunch of money and I am all about saving money and maximizing opportunities for ministry.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

Hey Buddy, how's Morgan feeling - hopefully you find the problem. Have you seen my Blog lately...I think you'll like the latest!
Steve