Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice, Ice, Not So Much

The major ice event that was supposed to hit Nashville appears to have just missed us by a few miles north. Not that I am complaining. We are getting lots of rain, which is needed, but thankfully none of the real frozen stuff so far.

It has been great to have dad here since last Thursday but all good things must come to an end, so he left this morning on an early morning flight back to KC. I am so thankful that he got to come spend some time with us. It is after he leaves that I realize how much I miss seeing him on an ongoing basis. We spent a lot of time together laughing, watching ball, and just generally hanging out. He even stayed longer than usual and I guess flying helped him hang here longer than he normally would.

We got a diagnosis on Morgan's stomach that seems to be bothering her now for the last few weeks. Looks like a parasite that we are now treating and hopefully she will experience improvement.

Shelbi is home for another week and then heads back to Union to get on with her second semester. It has been great to have her home although I think she is about ready to get back to her school routine.

Running these days has been eventful. The weather has been either fairly cold or wet, so today I spent some quality time on the treadmill doing some simulated hill repeats. Should pretty much work the same as doing them on the street so we will see. I am not really training for anything since I have so much travel coming up but would like to stay in some semblance of shape.

Morgan and the DCA Lady Wildcats are supposed to play tonight up in Portland. Portland is out of school today due to the ice they got so we will see if we are still on. I am about ready to get back into the gym so I hope they play.

Headed to Atlanta tomorrow for a couple of days of conferencing and back on Friday and ready for our Make A Wish Pack the Gym game against Goodpasture. One of our students at DCA has organized the whole thing and we are hoping to help an individual have a wish fulfilled. If you are local to Nashville and can come, we would love to have you participate. The goal is to raise $5000.

No comments: