Monday, January 12, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Can anyone explain to me why I have not updated the blog in over a week? Very uncharacteristic of me and I will do my best not to be so delinquent about this blog in the future. Things have been good since the first of the year except for a bout with the stomach bug and now fighting off a cold that seems to have made a beeline for my chest. Sondra thinks I am just trying to work on a sexy voice.

Last week was pretty busy with it being the first week back at work including a sick day and a trip to New Orleans to teach and then back home again. The weekend was filled with ballgames and birthday activities. DCA played Goodpasture on Fri and we came away with a girls and boys varsity win which is always good. Saturday was Titans/Ravens football and needless to say we were not excited about that outcome but Morgan had a few friends over to celebrate and watch the game. It was fun for sure. Shelbi had invited a friend from Union to spend the weekend and we loved having Megan around. She fit in like one of the family. The girls even headed to a late showing of Bride Wars on Sat. night. Definitely a chick flick so I abstained.

Sunday was a good time of bible study and worship and a great lunch at Sakura for Morgan's 17th birthday. Can she really be 17? Hard to believe how time goes so quickly. Of course, last night also was the beginning of season 7 of 24 and we enjoyed watching that.

I enjoyed running this morning a 5-miler and a full day of work. I really get to work with some great folks and we did a little celebrating from the year we had this past year. Tough economic times but God seems to be showing us His favor.

Headed to Tampa and Atlanta later this week and then home for a few days. Travel is not too terribly heavy in Jan. but I will tell you that Feb.-Apr. is going to be pretty crazy.

The picture is of Morgan, Megan, and Shelbi at church yesterday.

Also, pray for my pastor Raymond Vogtner and good friend Dick Spencer as they are ministering in India right now. They are returning on Weds.

1 comment:

pturner63 said...

How can you find the time to blog when you are twittering 24/7? lol Your loving wife :)