Friday, January 23, 2009

End of the Week

So glad it is Friday and I did not even have to travel this week. Dad flew down from KC yesterday and it is good to have him here for a few days. Last night he had us all cracked up talking about his "matching" pajamas and just being generally funny. He also fixed us his famous spaghetti and meatballs, chocolate pie (using my mom's recipe) and his world renowned banana pudding. It is so good to have him around. He will get to take in a couple of basketball games and just hang out with us.

Weather has been interesting this week. Tuesday's run was very cold and today's ten miler was in the high 40s with a high today somewhere in the 60s. Tomorrow it is supposed to be high 30s for the high. Crazy January.

DCA plays at home tonight and there are Coming Home festivities between the varsity games so as the announcer, I will be busy. I really do enjoy it though and it keeps me from doing and saying goofy things in the stands. Many of you know I need all of the help I can get.

I am going to ask you to pray for a family who are good friends of ours. They have a potential serious health issue that they will be facing in the coming days. Pray for healing and God's favor. All I can say at this point. Please just pray.

Looking forward to a great weekend. Quite a few things on the docket, but should be a fun one!

2 comments:

Steve Elkins said...

Thanks for the invite...I think we'll take you up on that when we come in for the race. Sounds like you are getting our nice temps from yesterday...it's suppose to be in the high 20's, low 30's here today with flurries on the way home from work - it's all good, I'll be working inside the house this weekend.
Steve

pturner63 said...

Plan on staying with us. I might even go down and harrass (uh, I mean support) you guys during the run. ;-]