Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Review

Prince Caspian on Friday night with Sondra and Morgan. We got a late start, had to sit close to the front, but the movie was really good. Very entertaining but quite a bit added to the book. They did a good job with the story though.

Saturday was a 5-miler and it was pretty hot at 8a. I was glad that only 5 was on the docket. I got 40 miles for the week and official training starts June 30. I am headed to Detroit for their marathon on Oct. 19th. Training in the summer is always not so fun, but I need to get one going if I am going to run a marathon this year. My plan is to run a 3:30 and head to Boston next April. We will see how it goes.

Sondra and I headed to Providence to do a little shopping and I mostly sat and watched people. Man, people are just fun to watch. Got home and Kevin and Hannah were over for awhile and Kevin and I watched the ultimate fighting stuff in prime time. Actually the girls' fight was the best but the last fight with Kimbo and who ever else was pretty gruesome. Cauliflower ear and all.

Today was at home after church and a quick lunch at Cinco. Really did not do very much. Worked on some presentations for work and the summer and took a nap. Walked the dog in there too.

A good weekend. Just got a report that Sondra's dad has had no side effects from the chemo he took on Thurs. Very cool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome news about sondra's dad!

glad to hear another good report about caspian, we want to see that.

boston, huh!? now that sounds fun. maybe if they have a bike portion that day i could join you! haha ;]