Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home from Indy

I made it back from the SBC in Indy today and some of the flood waters had definitely subsided some but more rain is predicted and it will flood again. The ground is totally saturated so it will not take much to flood again.

The convention finished up pretty well I guess. It was great to reconnect with so many folks that I seldom see. Buddies from seminary and ministry opportunities past are all good to see again. It was big fun.

Shelbi is doing well in Mexico as far as we know. We got a general report and they all seem to be doing well. Sondra's dad was to have another round of chemo yesterday and I think all is well so far.

It is good to be home. I am planning on taking the day tomorrow to finish power washing the deck and then on Saturday we are possibly headed to the lake with some good friends. I look forward to that.

Last night three of us from work headed over to Cincy from Indy to see the Cards play the Reds. My first time to be in the Great American Ball Park and it was nice. The Cards won 10-0. Not overly exciting as a game but fun to be in a park again.

No comments: