Saturday, June 14, 2008

Power Washing, Tiger, M. Night Shyamalan

Okay, so yesterday I took the day off from work, ran 10 miles, and spent four hours finishing the power washing on the deck. Glad that is done. It looks really nice and now I just need it to dry so I can put some sealant on it. What a job!

Got to watch Tiger play yesterday on tv and he pretty much dominated the Open. Rougher start again today but maybe trying to get something together now.

Sondra and I were supposed to go to the lake today but we are finally getting some rain here so we decided not to go. Morgan loaded up and went but we decided to go see the new Shyamalan movie, The Happening. Pretty average and sort of scary. He sure has not produced anything like The Sixth Sense, Signs or The Village in a long time. I did not see Lady in the Water or whatever that title was because I heard it was pretty stinky.

I also started watching the first season of The Office. Sondra watched an episode with me and she laughed until she cried.

Tomorrow is Father's Day and I am reminded again of what a great dad I have. He is just the best. I know this next week will be tough on him so remember him in prayer as you think of it. Tuesday is the 6 month anniversary of mom passing away and Friday the 20th they would have celebrated their 49th anniversary. Dad is going on a mission trip this week to Branson so pray for that as well.

Sondra's dad's chemo treatment seems to have gone well on Weds. Continue to pray for them.

To all you dads out there, Happy Father's Day!

One more thing - anyone out there who is watching the Open and sick of Johnny Miller and his negative comments? He wears me out. I just want him to comment on what good is happening. There is a reason he is in the booth and not on the course anymore. I just turn the volume down and watch. Too bad the Open is on NBC.

No comments: