Monday, June 30, 2008

Training, Raining, Gaining

Training for the Detroit Marathon began officially for me today. I know the routine and 16 weeks is a long time, but I am looking forward to it. The first official 5-miler today was hot, humid, and finished in a down pour. Running on the trail in Santa Rosa is better than running at home since I am on vacation.

Yesterday's drive down was pretty crazy for about an hour driving in one of the heaviest rain storms I have been in in a long time. We did make it safely though.

I am gaining some much needed rest and enjoying a week with no brain drain. I am doing some reading and watching Wimbledon right now but that is not overly taxing. Hope to hit the beach in a little while but need it to stop raining and clear off. Not a problem though. I am at the beach, I am not working, and all is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

I'll jump to here from the baseball post.

All is well. As you found we are in St. Louis (19 yrs now!). Hannah is 18 and starting college at Hendrix College in Conway, AR in August. We have Marah, who is 15 (Sophomore) and Cole (short for Coleman, no surprise to you) who is 12 and 8th grade.

We need to do a REAL catch up sometime.

You are in our favorite place, we have a friend with a house on Betty street in Stanta Rosa Beach...our favorite family place in the world....enjoy! We were there in March.

JLA