Monday, June 9, 2008

Indiana Floods and Convention

I drove to Indy yesterday and will be here until Thursday it seems. Our annual convention is being held here and I have to say that I really like Indy. Pretty clean and easy to get around. Driving up yesterday I got to see firsthand much of the flooding that is taking place. Floodwaters closed I-65 on Sat and part of Sun but had subsided by the time I rolled through. There were a couple of exits closed with some serious water covering the roads however. Barns, houses, fields, crops and irrigation structures were all submerged along the way. It did seem a little ironic to see the irrigation units barely sticking out of the water.

I would comment on our convention but there is really not a lot to say. Just praying that we can get back to the main thing being the main thing. It is good to connect with some old friends here though.

There is a little 5k race on in the morning that I plan on running if the weather holds. We will see. I have no aspirations of running very fast, just to get in a good little workout.

Shelbi leaves for Mexico tomorrow with about 25 other folks from church. She will be there a week helping in a number of ways. Morgan made it home from the Rotary Leadership Program at Austin Peay last night and had a great time.

The rest of my deck waits for me to return home. I power washed for seven hours on Saturday and still have about three hours left I am guessing. Stinking, hot, hard work, but it sure looks a lot better.

No comments: