Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday

Okay, so actually this post is about Friday and Saturday and a little bit of Thursday. Sondra and I got to attend a private screening of Fireproof and I have to tell you that it is really strong. One of the best movies I have seen about protecting and fighting for your marriage. It was very well done.
Sherwood Baptist Church does it again.

Friday was a full day of work and very productive I might add. We had some good friends, The Drummonds, over for dinner and watched some College World Series. Carolina winning with a grand slam in the ninth was really pretty cool. They are trailing Fresno St. right now though. Come on Carolina. Larry Mizell, sorry about your LSU Tigers.

Today I ran 6, met Sondra at the Y, and then we headed to Panera for our Saturday morning time. Big fun of coffee and bagels. My favorite time of the week hands down. We try to do this every Saturday that I am in town. I have to tell you that my wife is just an amazing woman and she is all mine.

This afternoon we went to Brentwood and watched Shelbi play in the Tennessee Volleyball All-Star tournament. She and Emily Lancaster from DCA played with 5 other girls from the western side of Tennessee. Shelbi and Emily were the only girls who have not been playing club volleyball and they both came in and played really well. Their West team beat the East team in A/AA three out of four games. It is a nice little bonus for seniors who have had a pretty good high school career. She got some new Mizuno shoes and a nice shirt plus free meals and hotel stay last night. Kudos to Shelbi and Emily.

Looking forward to a good day of worship tomorrow morning and then maybe a little pool action in the afternoon. We shall see.

No comments: