Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Royal Treatment

Just like 1985, the Royals own the Cardinals. Who would have thought that the Royals would sweep the Cards in inter league play. Hard to imagine and harder to believe.

My wife and I are headed to a screening of Fireproof tonight. Looking forward to it. Latest word from our parents is that they are doing well. Dad heads home tomorrow from his mission trip.

Okay, Tiger is tough but I have heard and seen enough already. Please hear me, "I am a Tiger fan" but enough is enough. And . . . some guys at the YMCA and I have decided to take up a collection and send it to him since he is going to be out of work until next year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They haven't swept them yet there big boy, 3 more games to play!!!!

Lovingly,
Your College Roomie

pturner63 said...

They swept that three game series. Thanks for keeping me honest. And the comeback they had on the Giants was pretty amazing as well. We Royals fans take whatever we can get right now for sure.

Anonymous said...

I understand that. If someone would have said the Cardinals would be +11 on 500 I would have found it as unbelievable as the Cubs being +20. Tell me it won't last!!!!!!!!!

Glad you all are doing well, it was fun to find your blog.

JLA

pturner63 said...

Long time no hear Jeff. I trust you and Steph are doing well. You must have kids and a real job and that kind of stuff going on. I did a little skunk work and found out you own a business in the St. Louis area.

The Cubs surely cannot keep the pace they have been on. Lou Pinella was rookie of the year in 1969 for the Royals so there is the Royal connection.