Friday, August 31, 2007

Sports Update

Soccer and volleyball are in full swing for our daughters. Volleyball is faring well with Shelbi's team really playing well out of the gate. I realize that I am her dad, but Shelbi is playing really good volleyball right now. She is not a big hitter, but she is blocking really well and when she is hitting, she is putting it in the right place. They had two big wins early in the week and then won yesterday against a team that had very little talent.

Soccer is sort of trying to find their way right now. We did get a win over Columbia Academy on Tuesday and lost to FRA last night. FRA is really good and we really did not play to bad against them. Unfortunately, one of our defenders went down with what looks like a torn ACL. I happened to see her go down and it did not look very good. She has been playing really well too. Praying for speedy recovery. She is a great kid.

I am planning on playing golf this afternoon with one of my running buddies and another friend from the Y. They are both pretty good players and so my challenge will be to just play my game. I do hope to hit it well though.

Football plays tonight in Memphis so we will not be making the trip. The girls are going and Sondra and I are staying home. Having dinner with some good friends that we do not get the chance to be around much anymore. Should be fun.

No comments: