Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Heat is On

It is hot in Nashville. And, I mean hot. Close to 100 with the heat index somewhere around 105-110. It was 85 this morning when we wen out to run and I slogged through 5 miles and was glad I did not have to run any more.

I tried to play golf late yesterday afternoon and it was terrible. It may be the worst golf I have ever played. The whole realm of my game was really bad. Thankfully, golf is just a game and no one was injured or killed.

It is good to be home for awhile now. There are a number of things going on around here but it is good to be here around them. The girls start school tomorrow and Shelbi begins her final year of high school. Hard to believe but we are all excited about it. They both have practice after school with Morgan playing soccer and Shelbi playing volleyball. Soon all of our afternoons will be either on a soccer field or in a gym. I love watching the girls play. It is good for a dad's heart. Looking forward to a great school year at DCA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, we are looking forward to heading to some more games this season! Go Cats! And Shelbi & Morgan, of course.