Friday, August 3, 2007

Recovery Week

I made it home on Monday after a delay out of San Francisco and then DFW. It was interesting in San Francisco that our pilot just did not show and there happened to be a pilot dead heading to DFW so he flew for us. Glad he was on the plane.

After arriving at home, my wife wisked me away to the dentist for my 6-month cleaning and check up and then finally home. I was beat. With the race on Sunday, cancelled flight and delays, I was glad to get home.

I have run 4-5 miles each day except for Monday and feel pretty good. Not sore at all just tired and not ready to race for sure. Work has been pretty busy and I am glad to be back in the office. Things like expense reports and presentation preparations just keep rolling on.

My wife left for Dallas yesterday morning for her annual pilgrimage to the BeautiControl meeting and she always enjoys that time. I am thankful she takes the opportunity to go and hang out with some of her friends.

Hoping for a low key weekend. Just looking to catch up on some rest and get the yard mowed some time today or tomorrow. It is very hot and humid here so I am looking for a late afternoon, early evening mowing.

I got my on line photos from the race and if you are interested in seeing them, you can see them at http://www.marathonfoto.com/, click on San Francisco 07, type in Turner and Bib # 5601 and you will see me in all my tiredness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The photos are cool, Paul! That's awesome...thanks for sharing.