Friday, February 16, 2007

Value

I sometimes wonder if the things we get to do really bring value to life and to people in particular. Much of the media lately has been consumed by the death and subsequent craziness that has followed the death of Anna Nicole Smith. I really do not know or see the overall value of the media's hype about her. I do not mean to sound crass or mean, but in the overall scheme of the world, I am not sure what value she brought to the betterment of other's lives. It is a tragic story about her son and now her, but why does the media insist on playing her life out day in a day out?

Got me to thinking about the value that I bring to others. I guess others are best to comment on that, but it did cause me to reflect on people who have brought value to my life. People like my parents, Art Criscoe, Shelby Baucum, my wife and daughters, various aunts and uncles, co-workers past, current and present; all of these have brought value to my life.

I reminded a co-worker today of the great value she has brought to our work. Her gifts and talents are many, and she not only brings value to our work but to many lives as well. I guess it is good to be reminded of that. Sometimes we might get lost in the life of things and forget the lives. I want to bring value to others.

No comments: