Monday, January 31, 2011

Seeing Clearly

So, it has been awhile since I have blogged. Not a good reason other than reacclimating to this side of the world took it's sweet time and either the trips are getting harder or I am getting older. Probably the latter. Last week was filled with being in town all week! What a treat. I really like my job but I also like being at home. The girls were home all week so it was good to be able to spend some time with them. It is weird that they come home just long enough to have us get used to them being around and then they are up and gone again. I know they are looking forward to this semester and were ready to get back among their friends.

The week went pretty well. We attended a wedding Saturday night at The City Club in Nashville and it was really nice. Those of you who know me, know that weddings are not my favorite events, but this one was an exception. Our friend, Julie Burden, married Jason Crook who is fine young man to say the least. Sort of weird that she exchanged her last name of Burden for Crook, but at least he is a great guy even though his last name could be a little challenging.

Earlier in the day I participated in an event for DCA that was focused on moving the Academy into the future. Many changes are coming related to feasibility studies, possible capital campaigns and buildings, retirement of our headmaster in June 2012 and many other things. I am privileged to serve alongside so many gifted leaders at the Academy. I not only get to announce ball games there but get to be involved in setting direction for the Academy. What an honor!

Saturday morning prior to all the meetings and wedding, I was out for my normal 5-miler and experienced some pain in my left knee. Went to the dr. today and it could be a torn meniscus. We will see. Actually both of my lower legs feel pretty tired so it may be something else going on, other than age.

This week I head to Chattanooga to speak and talk to youth ministers. One of my favorite roles for sure. Looking forward to all that God has in store there. Hopefully we will miss this major winter storm that is supposed to rock most of the US this week. I have had enough of snow for awhile.

No comments: