Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Breakfast is for Champions

Seems like that used to close to the motto for Wheaties (The Breakfast of Champions) but I am beginning to think that breakfast in India is the best. I am not an egg eater for the most part and have never been much of a hard-boiled egg eater unless I am traveling internationally. In fact, I do not believe I have ever eaten a hard boiled egg in the States. I eat them here and am thankful for them. It is not fried. There is also a potato dish they serve along with either a pancake or french toast that is pretty good. The coffee is good but the cups are very small. I could drink about 10 of their cups to 2-3 of our mugs.

Widow and Orphans
Ministry went well today. I visited in many homes and spoke at a youth meeting tonight with over 400 in attendance. I am so encouraged by the level of maturity of these youth. Youth goes from about age 14-24 here in India. They face many of the same types of lures of the world and are longing to become westernized is probably the worst thing that could happen to them in many ways. I have been in the homes of many widows and fatherless the last couple of days. Because of the poverty and the absence of a husband/father, many of these families struggle even more. Not only are they hurting and grieving but financially they are destitute. They always serve biscuits or fruit and a drink to me when I visit and are so thankful that I have come. I have been turning the tables some and serving them after they have served/offered me something to eat. It catches them completely off guard, but is a small way that I can show them I am honored to be in their home.
10th Grade Class

The children who are in need of sponsorship at the New Hope School are many. It only costs $120/year to support a child's education and provide uniforms through the grade 10.  I will be posting more very soon on how you can participate. Please be praying about what God might have you do to help support children so they can get a Christian education in a Hindu world.

Many of the children here do not get breakfast so to get a hard boiled egg is a blessing. I am counting my blessings everyday.

No comments: