Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fried Chicken, Fried Fish, Rice and Soup

With the exception of breakfast, our meals consist of the things mentioned in the title. Those of you who know me well know that I am not a fried food eater and I am also one who tends to be somewhat polite. I am thankful for the food, I really am, but I am a little weary of the fried variety in our meals. Not a real complaint though.

Last night was busy with leading a community bible study on the relationship of parents to their children and job 1 for parents to their children found in Deut. 6. We had a little over a 100 crammed into a small house and it was all families. Babies, toddlers, school aged, young adults and grandparents gathered as I did my best to help them understand God's desire for parents in rearing their children. It was a good night. I left there on a scooter no less, always daunting in India, and we went to eat with a family (you know the menu) and then back to Pastor Surrendra's home. Days are long but good.

I woke this morning and watched most of the BCS Championship Game on ESPN internet. Very cool thing and congrats to all the Auburn Tiger fans - War Eagle. Got a 5-miler in, ate breakfast that is not fried thankfully, and headed to the New Hope School. Wow! over 600 students and they put on a great program. We visited every class, over 20 classes, received hundreds of cards and letters from the children that I will read and pray through the rest of the year, and gave out M&Ms. I am sure the teachers loved us for doing that and telling them they could eat them immediately.

Made many home visits encouraging families, ministering to widows and fatherless, and laughing and praying alot. In every home I am greeted with such love and care. It is very overwhelming for me to be treated as someone special. I remind them I am just like them. We laugh some, pray alot, and cry through the hard ones. Young women with children who have lost their husbands, persecuted ones, some who have been beaten, all sorts of issues. What a privilege to be able to serve alongside of them.

Tonight we did a house dedication, spoke at a Thanksgiving service and had dinner of the menu that you already know. It is late here. I am tired, but thankful for the opportunity to serve and grateful for your prayers. It is also very good that I get to Skype with Sondra, Shelbi and Morgan every day for a few minutes.

Hanna - 13th birthday
Samuel - our guy in India
I am including a pic of Samuel Raju who is a young man in India that we have supported for many years helping him get through standard school, high school and now junior college. He is 17 now. A fine young man. His sister is at the New Hope School and I got to see her today as well. Another young lady named Hanna had her 13th birthday today and it made me think of our own Morgan who turns 19 today! I took a picture with Hanna today since I could not take one with Morgan. Happy Birthday Morgan. I love you and am very thankful for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul,
I am really enjoying your blog! I have laughed and cried about some of your writings. It is very encouraging for me to see the way God works through you.
Hope the rest of your stay in India is a blessed one! I look forward to more random ruminations
before you return.
Best Regards,
Jim