Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jet Lag? Naah.

What an incredible trip to India. The ministry was much work but so very rewarding. Pastor Surendra, his wife Kamala, and daughter, Sperthi are just such a real blessing to be around. They allowed us to stay in their home and it just helps seal the bond of friendship.

We flew through Dubai, UAE and it was my first time there. Quite the contrast from India in many respects. It is very much a melting pot for the eastern part of the world and of course, so much wealth and crazy big buildings. Rumor has it that the area is running out of oil, so they are living it up. Slowing down the supply of oil and jacking up prices to sustain an extravagant style of life. Can you say $4 per gallon for fuel soon?

The flight from Dubai to Atlanta was 16.5 hours. Wow, was I ready to get off that plane. I may have slept 2-3 hours so needless to say, I experienced most of the flight. Only so many movies you can watch, reading you can do but glad to land in Atlanta. Our flight was delayed an hour so we were late landing and I had about an hour to clear passport control, claim luggage, clear customs, recheck luggage and run 3 terminals down, but did make my flight to Nashville. Had to be God to help me on this one. Did all of that in 45 min and it is normally a 1.5 hour minimum. It was good to get home on time and my luggage even made it.

Tuesday was rough. Slept for a few hours, called the DCA basketball games and went to bed. Weds and Thurs were not too bad except for about a 2-3 hour span mid-day each day. Hopped a plane to FL on Friday morning and was hoping that the snow/ice that came in Thursday might knock out this weekend trip but although the roads were fairly bad, I was able to make it to the airport and the planes were on time.

It is 345a on Saturday as I write this and I am wide awake. Still a ways to go on this jet lag thing. I will get back to the central time zone eventually.

No comments: