Monday, January 10, 2011

India Here I Am Again

Wow - it has been a whirlwind since last Thursday when I boarded a plane in Nashville, headed to Atlanta for a long layover and then boarded a plane for Dubai and flew all night. 13.5 hours on a plane was pretty long if you ask me and then another 3 hour flight after a 2.5 hour layover in Dubai en route to Hyderabad India. Lots of air miles and movies in that string of flights. Watched The Social Network, Easy A, Toy Story 3, the back of my eyelids (although not very long at any given time).

I am traveling with two other men, Dick Spencer and Phil Dillingham and we are doing ministry through New Hope Evangelical Church Ministries. What a blessing it has been so far. It is good to reconnect with many that I met when I was here in January 2007. Every home we visit wants to feed us and expects us to eat something. I am sure I will gain weight on this trip. I am getting to run each day though so that will help offset some of the poundage.

I have preached, led devotions, shared the gospel many times, and prayed for many church members and neighbors. I have asked God for healings, financial help, spiritual strength, babies for couples, and a few hundred other things. The needs are great here and it is overwhelming at times but God is always faithful.

I am sharing a pic of one of the babies that I held today. No worries Sondra, I will not be bringing this one home. This little baby dressed in pink was one of the cutest "girls" that I have seen, only he is a boy. No name yet so they took some suggestions. I will speak to a group of parents tonight about being the spiritual leaders of their homes and families. Pretty excited about that since I have a strong heart for helping parents lead their children.

Thanks for praying for us.

1 comment:

John Irvin said...

Paul,

It's John Irvin from New Hope.

I found out you are on a mission trip in Hyderabad. That's awesome.

I'm going to be traveling there this Sunday for work and will be there two weeks. Based on your post it looks like we'll probably pass each other. I arrive early a.m. hours on 1/18.

I'm curious where the church that New Hope supports is located in Hyderabad. I know you're busy, but if you get a chance and have access, I'd appreciate if you could send me any contact info you have for them. My e-mail is jirvin@deloitte.com. And if you have any tips for the journey, please do pass them on. It's a long way from Hermitage.

Take care. I'll be praying for you guys.

John