Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hmmm. And So It Goes

This was an interesting weekend at the Turner's. Shelbi had been in China for two weeks with Show Hope and was to return on Friday night but with bad weather across the northern part of the US, she made it to Newark and then flew to Washington Dulles and that was as far as she was able to get. We got her a hotel not far from the airport and she spent the night and got home on Saturday morning. She had a great trip and you can read some of her exploits here. Her boyfriend Mark was surprising her by having some time off from his summer job at Winshape, so he drove over on Friday and was with us Friday and Saturday. He might have thought it a little awkward being at our house without Shelbi but hey, he got to do his laundry and eat some non-camp food so I think overall he was pretty good with it.

Friday night was also rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for Kyle and Rachel's wedding that I was officiating on Saturday at 530p outdoors. The trick was that we needed no rain which we got, but we also got about 96 degree weather both for the rehearsal and the actual wedding. It was on the Bicentennial Mall in Nashville and actually was very nice, but incredibly hot.

We also caught a late night showing of Toy Story 3 and it was great. Thoroughly enjoyed it and it has been fun to be on the journey with Andy as he has grown up and heads off to college. Morgan's life parallels the chronology of the whole Toy Story journey which made the ending very poignant for especially Sondra but I got a little misty myself. Also, Morgan registers for college in the morning at Union University so we will have two at Union which being translated means we no longer have any money. Just saying. I know, I know . . . it is an investment.

And, today is Father's Day. I have an amazing dad and have blogged about him many times so I will not embarrass him again, other to say that I love you dad, and you are the best dad. I am convinced of that fact. Here is an earlier blog of how I feel about my dad. The girls presented me with a very appropriate card and a new green Polo shirt. It fits nicely. Going to be a busy week at FUGE camps at Union this week.

No comments: