Tuesday, June 1, 2010

God Bless America

I am an American and so very thankful and proud to be American. I am reminded of a SNL skit that parodied George W. Bush saying, "You know why I like America? Because it is full of Americans." I have to agree.

Many times I think that I have placed being American above being a Christ-follower. Please do not get me wrong. I am incredibly thankful for the hundreds of thousands who have died gaining and preserving our freedom in this great nation. I am grateful for the men and women who have served, are serving and will serve this great nation.

But I am also convicted that I have placed living the American dream and chasing after that dream as priority rather than chasing hard after Christ. I have been lazy and lax at times in resting on my laurels instead of fighting for and preserving true freedom that comes only through Christ.

I am grateful for our freedom in this land. Because of that great freedom, I have great responsibility to share of the wealth that we are afforded in this land of the free and to share Christ with those are truly imprisoned and destined for an eternity w/o Christ.

God bless America and God kick me in the seat of the pants when I become comfortable being American and neglect those in need and those w/o a relationship with You.

No comments: