Monday, June 28, 2010

Influencers

Gene Wilkes
Sometimes God puts people in your life who you know will have a lasting impact on you. Many times you can count your own family members; mom,dad, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles and I am thankful that God has blessed me with those kind of family members. So many of them have helped shaped me.

Sometimes He places people in your life that you run in to every once in awhile but regardless how often you see them, they just impact and influence and continue to do so. I have many men in my life who have invested in me and for them I am truly grateful. There is one guy who I met about 25 years ago who just keeps influencing me whether directly or through his writings. C. Gene Wilkes is a guy who gets it. He has written some of the most meaningful stuff on leadership including Jesus on Leadership and Paul on Leadership (the Apostle, not me) and another great book called My Identity in Christ. If you have not read any or all of these, then in my opinion, you are missing out. Gene has pastored Legacy Church in Plano, Tx for over 20 years and has led them to be missional in their scope and focus in ministry.

We have run a few miles together, climbed Baldy at Glorieta that really was more walk/jog up and run down. He blogs here and you will be encouraged by reading his posts. Thanks Gene for influencing me and so many others.

Today, he and his wife Kim celebrate 35 years of marriage. Congratulations Gene and Kim and Gene thanks for investing in me up close and from afar.

I always thank my God for you because of God’s grace given to you in Christ Jesus 1 Cor 1:4 (HCSB)

2 comments:

faithrunner said...

Paul, you have blessed me more than you know. I should be singing your praises for your ministry, family, and friendship. Thank you for being a brother who I know I can count and call on no matter what.

running with you,

gene

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.