Monday, February 8, 2010

Avatar and Who Dat?

Saturday morning began with a cold, windy 13-miler for me on the greenway. It was one of those "go get it done" runs and I got it done. Averaged about 9 min/mile which hit the goal and satisfied the Boston Marathon schedule I am following. Saturday afternoon was filled with laundry (yes, I do laundry) a nap and some basketball on the tube. Saturday evening Sondra and I headed to the Big, Bad Wolf which has become one of my all time favorite restaurants. Friends of ours from church own a catering business and started the restaurant to fill in the in between catering gigs. By far, the best brisket I have ever had and even though Cousin's in Ft. Worth is really good, BBW is my new favorite.

Saturday night, Sondra and I also headed to see Avatar 3D. I was really hesitant in seeing this movie when it first came out. I know that James Cameron is a tree hugger and politically on the opposite end of the spectrum than me, but the more I read the more intrigued I became. Visually the movie was stunning. It was incredibly thought out and crafted technically. The story line was about what I expected, people are bad and the earth is good and all that stuff, but the experience of the movie was fascinating. Well worth the 2.5 hour running time for me. Notice the wonderful pic of Sondra and me donning the 3D glasses.

Sunday was church and Super Bowl. It was good to witness multiple baptisms at church and to participate in the Lord's Supper and the worship through music as exceptionally meaningful and God-centered.

The Super Bowl was just a lot of fun. The Fuller's came over and we always enjoy time our time with them. We have been good friends for so long that at times I am afraid I take them for granted but what a blessing they are. It was good to see Payton throw the winning touchdown for the Saints who I know he has loved for so long. I grew weary of the cameras focused on him on the sideline with his Hannibal Lecter stare thing going. Three years ago I pulled for the Colts in the Super Bowl because of Tony Dungy. I blogged about him here. My cheering for the Colts then was because of Dungy only.

I loved the scene of Drew Brees and his son after the game. I want to congratulate all of my Saints fans friends. What a great win for the program and a wonderful win for the whole city of New Orleans. Wonderful too when the underdog wins against all odds. I thought the coaching was very good and the execution of the game plan was very good. Geaux Saints!

One last word - the Super Bowl ads were okay I thought. A few of my favorites, maybe ranked in this order for me entertainment wise:
1. Google ad
2. Bark collar Doritos ad
3. Denny's Chicken ads
4. eTrade - Lindsey "milka . . .what?" ad

No comments: