Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snow!

Of course, if you have heard anything about Nashville in the last week, you know we had snow. Some areas got up to about 8" but my best guess is that we got about 5-6" at our house. I was at SE Conclave in Chattanooga Weds-Fri last week and got to drive home Fri during the snow storm. Saw about 10 wrecks happen and saw remnants of many more. Growing up in MO taught be one thing about driving in snow/ice. Drive slowly and leave plenty of room between cars. The normal 2 hr drive took 3.5 hours but I made it home safely. Fri night was sledding night with the Fullers and it was big fun. We were all like little kids out playing and sledding. No major crashes for any of us. A couple of funny things happened but they will go unsaid in detail here.

Saturday was a long run in the snow where I ran and tried to catch a neighbor who was out and about on the greenway. I followed his prints and found him about 5.5 miles in. It was a slow, tough run but a good one. The training for Boston is really going well even in this cold, snowy season we are having.

My dad flew in on Monday to catch a couple of basketball games of Morgan's but Monday's was snowed out but he did get to see her play on Tues. The team is holding their own and Morgan is doing well. It was a lot of fun to have dad here and unfortunately he had to leave to go home today. He is enjoying "retirement" and the church did a big deal for him this past Sunday which I think surprised him and honored him at the same time.

Shelbi started classes yesterday and seems to be doing well. She headed back to Union last week to help them open their new student center. I think she was more interested in being around Mark, her beau, and a nice young man I might add. - even though him being a Yankees fan is a major strike against him with me ;-)

The weekend could be a busy one. Basketball game on Fri. night against Davidson Academy and 15 miles on Sat and a new dishwasher coming our way on Sat. The old was 18 years old so I guess we got our money's worth on that one.

No comments: