Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Really Deep Thoughts

Do you ever get caught up in the "doing life as it leads you along" mode to the point that you sort of wake up and say, "what just happened? or what happened to the past few days, months, and years?" I am not really there, but just wondered if you ever found yourself there.

This past week has been fast and furious but it has involved no travel. I like that. Home is good. Actually wherever Sondra is with me is really good, but the past few days have been really good. Last weekend it was beautiful here in Nashville. Mid-60s in Feb. after the really cold few weeks we have had was wonderful. I found myself in the gym announcing 8 basketball games since DCA was hosting the DIIA East/Middle Region Tournament. I love ball and love a mic so I was pretty much set but it was a lot in a short amount of time. Saw some pretty good ball and both of our Varsity teams did pretty well. Our girls host a sub-state game this Fri. night and so I will be on the mic again. Our varsity guys play Sat. in the Memphis area so I am trying to figure out how to get over there and back because I fly out early Sun. morning for Orlando.

Shelbi came home this past weekend for the games and it was good to have her here. She is such a great young lady and we are always thankful to have any time with her that we get. Morgan is wonderful as well and enjoying her final semester of high school. The time does go quickly. Seems like I say that alot these days. Not in regret, just the reality of how quickly time does go and how important it is to make sure that I am doing the things that really matter.

Still abiding by the "no judging" during Lent and praying it becomes a lifestyle long after this 40-day season is over. God is giving me lots of opportunity to not judge right now. Funny how that works. You focus on not doing something and it is all you see. Turning my focus to discernment and praise and getting plenty of opportunity there as well.

And . . . I watched a little of American Idol last night and will say that the girls . . . oh, well, I can't say since I am in the No judging phase right now. I will say it looks like a guy may very well win this season.

1 comment:

Randy Queen said...

Paul, I hope you are doing well. I have missed our conversations since soccer season ended. With Kelsey not playing basketball anymore, it is hard to get myself motivated to go. I am glad the girls are doing good and headed to the State Tournament this week. Good luck.

I saw you at the Show Choir "Awesome 80's" show last week, but couldn't catch you before you were gone. I was busy trying to assist Missy it turning the auditorium back into a gym. Kelsey is leaving Wednesday to go to the SETC in Lexington, KY for their one-act play competition and audition for some scholarship money.

Hopefully we catch up soon. I will let you know if Kelsey ends up wanting to take advantage of the Union weekend with Shelby sometime. Take care.