Sunday, February 14, 2010

Senior Night

I actually sat down a couple of times this past week to blog and for one reason or another, just couldn't. Not sure why, it just did not seem right.

The week has been pretty busy. We had two basketball games early in the week with one of them being a makeup game from an earlier snow event. Sr. night was last Tues. and it was fun to be a part of that. Hard to believe Morgan's basketball career is coming to an end and in fact, we have no kids playing anything much longer. DCA Lady Wildcats find themselves in the DII post-season tournament and the guys are still in too. There will be games this week and then DCA hosts the region tournament this next weekend so that will be busy.

I traveled to AL on Weds - Fri for the SBC Youth Ministry Summit which is a gathering consisting of pretty much anyone who works in student ministry from the state and denominational level along with college and seminary profs. Great time of fellowship and challenges from leaders. Billy Beacham did a great job leading us in devotion on Thurs morning. Very challenging for sure.

We had more snow this past week and more coming tonight and tomorrow. I am so over the snow and would be okay with no more for this winter. Not my call though evidently. Yesterday was a 20-miler for me so I did 7 from home and then headed out to a local park where the Cedars Frostbite 1/2 Marathon was going on. I ran a 1:51:03 which was more than fine with me since I had already run some. It was a good 20 mile run for the day.

We have been enjoying the Olympics so far and will try to catch some more of games this week.

No comments: