Friday, February 27, 2009

St. Louis

I find myself in cold, St. Louis today for the Missouri Baptist Youth Minister's meeting called Engage. Lyle Witcher along with Grant Medford, Illinois youth ministry guru, partner together to offer a retreat/conference. These two guys do a great job leading youth ministry in their states. It also gets me home to my home state, even if it is St. Louis. I still prefer the Kansas City side, but I love Missourians.

I lead a couple of breakouts here, get to encourage youth ministers and learn. I head home tomorrow night in time to leave on Sunday afternoon for FL.

Our Lady Cats play Cannon Co. at our place tonight so I miss seeing them play and am not able to announce. Bummer. I hate to miss it but am glad to be here around this group of student ministry leaders. I am pulling for our Lady Cats. We split with Cannon Co. earlier in the season. Would be great to pull off a win. Nice to play a home game in the region tournament for sure.

It has been a difficult week with some church stuff but I am thankful that our church is one that is filled with grace and truth. I am disappointed in a number of things and a number of people, but know that God is still on His throne and I am hopeful for the future. Praying for wisdom, grace and truth.

No comments: