Monday, February 2, 2009

Phelps, Phootball, and Phriday

Okay, so it is Monday and I just felt like the title needed to say something other than "Monday, Monday", Big Monday, or something goofy like that so I thought I would do the ph stuff.

Michael Phelps obviously made a poor choice recently. The whole bong thing was really poor judgement on his part. I am sure he forgot that everyone in the known world has a camera either on a phone or glued to their fingernail with some James Bond sort of thingy that Q devised.

The Super Bowl was not so super for most of the game. The ads were pretty disappointing but the Dorito's Crystal Ball ad was pretty funny. I have to admit that late in the 3rd and then the 4th quarter were pretty good football except I am not sure why the officials felt compelled to throw a flag every time the Cards seemed to walk onto the field. I heard that after the game that the officials were rushed to large buckets of ice to take care of sore arms brought on by some many thrown flags. It really did get pretty ridiculous. It was somewhat obvious to a neutral fan that the Steelers got quite a few breaks. They are a good team and I like them, but I am not sure it was totally called fairly. Just my opinion. Steelers fans will disagree. Who cares? You guys are 7 time Super Bowl Champions and my opinion is just that: an opinion.

Last Friday night was great at DCA with the Make A Wish Foundation night. All totalled today, $10,336.10 or something close to that. That is enough to cover two wishes which is way to cool. Thanks to everyone involved.

Shelbi heads out tonight to spend the night with her ride to Union tomorrow. It has been great to have her home the past 6 weeks. We will miss her all over again.

No comments: