Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Year Ago

It is hard to believe that my mom passed away a year ago today. While it has gone quickly in some ways, in others, it has dragged by. I cannot say that I miss her any less, but the pain does not seem to be as sharp. I do catch myself at times just wishing I could hear her voice. My dad made a visit to her grave today and sent the picture that I included. He seems to be doing pretty well all things considered. I talked to my brother today and he seems to be doing okay as well. None of us would ask her to leave and come back, but we all miss her.

This week has been filled with catching up on some reading, some Fringe (goofy tv show) and Christmas shopping. It has been good to spend time with Sondra too. I am off from going into work until early Jan. but am doing some work on our LifeWay National Youth Worker's Conference that is to be held in Sept. Lots to do and it seems like it is so far away.

Shelbi comes home tonight and will be home until late January. It will be good to have her around although she might get tired of us after having been on her own now for a semester. We head to MO on Sat. to visit family and celebrate Christmas with them. Between now and then we have a couple of things to do and on Friday we have a couple of home basketball games. It will be fun to announce those games. Keeps me out of trouble and keeps me occupied. I like that.

1 comment: