Saturday, December 20, 2008

Missouri

We traveled to MO today and had a really good trip. We got away from the house about 815a and hit Bolivar about 4:45p or so. It is good to be here. Sondra's mom was glad to see us and vice versa. I will say that it is pretty stinking cold here and getting colder. Looking at low of 11 tomorrow with a high of 18 and a low of 4 Monday am. Not sure how I am going to get a run in but there is a YMCA in town and will see about heading over there for at least a treadmill run. 15 is usually the lowest temp I will run in out doors. And . . . the wind is blowing like crazy here too. Anyone thinking about looting our house while we are away will be surprised to find we have some folks staying there.

Last night was DCA basketball and the Lady Cats won a close one against Cannon Co. We had lost to them by 4 at their place last week and beat them by 1 last night. Good win. Our guys won a close one as well. I sure do enjoy high school basketball. And . . . I still enjoy getting to announce. Tends to keep me out of trouble.

Not much scheduled for the next few days. Just plan on hanging out, staying indoors, and watching some football and am really planning on finishing the John Adams biography. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it but have slowed down on it the last few months. Need to finish this week.

We also buried my mom's body a year ago today. Interestingly, today has not been sad at all. So thankful for the hope of knowing that I will see her again.

Merry Christmas to every one.

No comments: