Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Update

It has been a pretty good week. I ended up running 38 miles this week and really had not planned on running that much. Thursday was an 8-miler in the drizzle, semi-rain and included me taking a spill. It was about time for a fall I guess. I have been very fortunate that I have only busted 3-4 times in over 20 years of running. Thursday's was the first in about 6-7 years and it was pretty mild. It would have been a great slide into second base or home, but was not totally fun on the sidewalk. No harm, no foul. Skinned both knees a little and jarred my body some, but no real damage done thankfully. Dark, rainy, and dodging cars. Could have been much worse.

We played ball three times this week. Played very well on Monday and lost by 4, played terrible on Tuesday and lost by 30 some, and played fair last night and won 40 something to 4. Yes, the opposing team scored 4 points. Two in the first quarter and two in the 4th. Morgan played really well last night and seems to be getting back to normal on the physical side. She executes pretty well. Her shot is off some but she is doing pretty well on the defensive side.

My last day in the office was Weds. although I was in Thurs. am for a short time for a meeting with a new guy in our office. I am really impressed with Kevin and look forward to working with him and learning from him. He is my main help on the National Youth Worker's Conference we will do Sept. 14-16, 2009.

Shelbi is loving college and attended a formal of some kind last night. I am not sure what all the details are but the pic she sent of herself was amazing. So thankful our girls look like their mom.

Looking forward to this Christmas season. Remember my dad as you think about it. Mom passed on the 17th last year and this week I know he is re-living this week from last year. We will travel to MO next Sat. to be with Sondra's mom and then my dad and will see all of the immediate family on both sides. Should be good.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

Hope to get to see you guys when you head this way. Have a safe trip and Merry Christmas if we don't connect up! Hoping for a cool walk on the Plaza!