Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quick Update

It is now Saturday and we had a great Christmas week. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Bolivar with Sondra's mom even though it was really cold. She seems to be doing really well even though I know that she missed Bernard. We enjoyed Sondra's sister and her family and it is always good to be with them. Her husband Phil was working in Tulsa and was not with us but Sondra and the girls saw him briefly on Christmas when they were on their way to Independence and made a quick stop in my dad's town to pass off Morgan's ipod she had left in Bolivar.

The Christmas lunch at my dad's was big fun with 23 folks and 4 dogs there. Sondra did a great job in the kitchen and I think it is her way of handling my extended family. Can't blame her. She also was trying to help my dad out so he could spend time with family. We enjoyed out time at dad's. He misses mom but seems to be doing well. It was good to see my brother and sister-in-law along with my niece and nephew and my niece's two girls. They are cuties for sure.

We made our way back to TN yesterday and enjoyed good weather traveling home. We arrived to mid-60s and I even got to work in the yard again today. Cooler weather coming tomorrow but only mid-40s so that beats the single digits we endured last week in MO.

Reflecting on this year has been interesting. We are so incredibly blessed. Hope to blog about some of that in the next day or two.

Ben and I found a couple of Bernard's old hats and decided to model in the pic above.

No comments: