Sunday, December 7, 2008

Leaves, Part Deux


A week ago Saturday I spent two and half hours blowing, raking, hauling and cussing leaves and the yard looked good for exactly 20 minutes and 32 seconds. The winds came, the leaves fell some more and carpeted our yard. This afternoon I headed back out armed with the blower, rake, and tarp and conquered our front yard and the neighbors front yard. It looks good and their are a minimal number of leaves left on the trees to fall . . . so there.

This past week was very busy with meetings with our state folks here in Nashville and then on Thurs. I flew to New Orleans to meet with more of our state folks. All of the meetings were very good and very productive. I am really blessed to get to work with the people that I do at LifeWay and our partners in the states.

I got a couple of 5-milers in while in New Orleans with a run through the Quarter and then a fun 5-miler down St. Charles Ave. It just felt like Monopoly and the Garden District is really nice. Actually the French Quarter run that I did early Fri. was good. It is a totally different place early in the morning. Clean, quiet and non-crowded.

This week I am in the office Mon/Tues. and have a luncheon on Weds. and then I am planning on not being in the office for the rest of the year. I am working on securing some breakout leaders for our national conference next Sept. but that is the bulk of what I will be doing and doing that from home.

Glad to be home again. It has a very good year work-wise. Thankful to have the job that I do and am blessed to get to do the work/ministry I do.

Looking forward to some good basketball this week from the DCA Lady Cats too. We have been hot and cold with cold being the most recent temperature we have chosen to play. Road trip tomorrow to Cannon Co. Hoping the girls are ready to play.

No comments: