Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Boston Marathon, April 19

I gotta tell you that I am getting a little more than excited about this race. This training schedule and the weather have been pretty tough, but I am starting to feel like I am about ready. Did a 10-miler today and mixed in 4x800s and 4x400s and hit my marks. I love it when a plan comes together. Here is the information on how to track me via your cell phone if you are so inclined.

TEXT
Simply send the word RUNNER to 31901 using your US mobile phone*. You will then receive an SMS text response with instructions on how to submit a runner's bib number. (*Message and data rates may apply. 8-10 messages. Send STOP to quit. Available on participating carriers AT&T, Alltel, Boost, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, and Virgin.) My runner # is
11463 Turner, Paul A. 46 M Hermitage TN USA

E-MAIL
You can register for the AT&T Athlete Alert Program through the registration page on the race website.

We are headed to the beach later today. Ready for a break. The guard dog is posted at the door of our house. Neighbors have shot guns and shoot first and ask questions later. Good luck!

2 comments:

faithrunner said...

How great to run the famed road from Hopkington to Boston again. I'll follow you and pull for an America victory this year. Will you be up front with them?

gene

justin said...

dude! also. i feel like a complete nerd, but, i did the text deal - i am so excited for ya!