Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wrestling with Myself

Had a great experience over the past weekend running 20 miles on Sat. with one of my running buddies. It is always good to do those long runs with someone else and Frank is a new running friend who has a great story to tell. About 7 years ago, he weighed close to 300 lbs., smoked 2 packs/day, and drank a 5th of vodka daily. He realized that lifestyle was leading to an early grave, so he began exercising, gave up smoking and heavy drinking and today weighs about 175 lbs. and runs about 60 miles/week. Awesome story.

Saturday afternoon I flew to MO to spend a little time w/ my dad and then had work on Sun/Mon in MO doing some interviews listening and learning about what camp customers are looking for in a camp. Great time with my dad, brother and sister-in-law and then great time visiting with churches.

One of the churches we visited I know well. I grew up going there from age 5-13 and my dad has pastored there twice. They are great people. It is a small, rural congregation. It exemplifies the majority of our churches in the SBC and thankfully is a church that loves Jesus and people. We visited with a couple of other churches and had great visits with them. I really enjoy the job I have and really want to figure out a way to minister to all churches.

This week I do a presentation on reaching this generation for Randall House and then head to Ridgecrest for Winter Camp. Always enjoy teaching and encouraging youth leaders.

On Monday, I went and saw The Book of Eli. What an amazing movie. I cannot condone the language, but there are many strong messages in the movie. I loved the fact that Denzel was on a mission and would not be distracted from completing it. You need to see this movie. It is one of those that has me thinking about how I live and what I spend my time doing.

LOST this week was the best episode hands down. I love the stories of redemption that are throughout the characters of the show. It was a strong episode.

Found this picture of my family circa 1970. I am about 5-6 years old. Made me miss my mom too but love the pic. Love that I can laugh at myself.

No comments: