Tuesday, March 16, 2010

10 Days and Counting

Sometimes in my line of work, I hit these stretches where it seems like I am burning a candle on both ends. Now is one of those times. With some special projects that we have going on centered around FUGE camps and training, it is a busy time. Sort of run at it hard, kind of busy time. Ten work days in a row is all good, but still 10 days in a row. The past two weekends have been filled with church visits and then FUGE Winter Camp this past weekend. Both of those weekends have been very good and the ministry contacts have been wonderful.

In my role, I get to listen to and encourage youth leaders. So many of them are doing a wonderful job of loving on students and their families and they find themselves of love and encouragement themselves. Thus my role and I have to tell you, I love it. I met with about 120 youth pastors and their wives two weeks ago today, a smaller group at two churches in MO a week ago and then had the privilege of meeting with 150 leaders Fri-Sun at Ridgecrest this past weekend. It is something I absolutely love doing and am grateful that God has not only given me the opportunity to do but has equipped me to do as well.

On Monday of this next week, Morgan and I and 15 other folks leave for Honduras to minister to and love on the Honduran people. I am really excited about this trip because Morgan and I will be together. She has been to Honduras before and this will be my first trip. I think she is a little excited to take me since she is the old pro on this trip. Can't wait.

The next few weeks are filled with wonderful opportunities of ministry in New Mexico, Texas, Massachusetts (with the Boston Marathon mixed in), Florida, California and Louisiana. I will pace myself (especially during the marathon, pun intended) and also have mixed in a 5-day beach trip with family in that stretch.

Looking forward to March Madness beginning on Thursday. Still looking over my bracket. Sitting down to talk trash and basketball tomorrow with 4 of my favorite buddies. Good times!

No comments: