Thursday, July 23, 2009

Political Alert

I usually choose not to bl0g about my political thoughts but feel compelled to make a point of clarification and wanted to post that clarification on my blog as well as other means of communication.

When President Obama was elected in Nov. I shared in my blog that I did not vote for him but would support him through prayer. I disagree with many of his ideas and directions, but that does not mean I will not support him in prayer. You can see what I wrote on Nov. 5th here.

Recently I have been accused of hating President Obama and nothing could be farther from the truth. I disagree with his ideas and the direction he is leading America in especially in the whole bailout issue, and health care reform. I think a better direction would be in less gov't. control and more focus on changing the insurance structure but do not profess to be an expert in either of those areas.

I have many friends that I run with, associate with, etc. that I do not always agree with, but we continue to be friends. I just wish we could agree to disagree on some of the President's directions and still be friends. I have mentioned many times that I felt as though President Bush made some grave errors in judgement and some decisions that set us back as a nation. I also am not a racist, bigot, nor am I infallible.

I am praying that the leaders who have been elected will do what is best for all Americans. I am assured that they think they are on the right path. I am thankful that my hope and trust is in Christ and not any government.

Any friends I have offended by disagreeing with President Obama's directions, I apologize for offending and pray we can continue to be friends.

1 comment:

faithrunner said...

being honest while supporting others with whom we disagree is one of the most difficult realities of following Jesus...I'm praying we can all learn the difference between hatred and honest opinions in the context of love.