Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I get asked this alot since I travel quite a bit for work. It is always good to be at home which is where I was all last week. Yes, you heard that right. I was home for a whole week. It was awesome! I was even in the office for 4 days which is a record as of late. I did take last Fri. off to be with Sondra before I headed out again.

Since my last blog post, I have participated in a memorial service, spent many hours in the office, hung out at the pool with my wife, ate at Big Bad Wolf BBQ (you have to get there, all i'm saying), and celebrated Shelbi's 19th birthday.

Morgan spent last week at FUGE in Panama City Beach and had a great week. It was a different experience for her since she was sort of the lone, older high school student with our group this year, but she loved the camp.

I headed out on Sunday afternoon for Glorieta, NM and to participate in FUGE out here as the adult trainer. It has been a very good week so far. Dave Edwards is speaking and DecembeRadio is leading in worship through music. They are pretty much southern rock and have done a very good job leading worship and not just performing. Great group of guys who hang out with students and adults during the day too. That rates them very high on my list right there.

Reconnected with a girl who was in our group in Dallas over 20 years ago. She is married with 3 children and her husband is a very, solid youth minister in the Dallas area. So affirming to see her family so strong in Christ.

Sondra is having a couple of procedures done this next week. Nothing serious (easy for me since it is not me having to go through them) but would appreciate your prayers. She has been a lot anemic the last few months so they are just checking everything out. I am playing the part of the supportive husband. Sure do love that girl.

No comments: