Monday, July 27, 2009

Do You Mind?

As a matter of fact I do. I grew up minding my parents and now I pretty much mind my wife. No dig intended on my sweet Sondra. Those of you who know me, know that my motto is, "Do I want to be right, or do I want to be happy? I choose happy every time." Of course, that is said somewhat jokingly, well . . . at least a little.

It was nice to be home this weekend. First one is awhile. Spent Friday afternoon at the pool with Sondra and Sat. am I got up and drove up to Hendersonville to play golf with Sid, Rick and Pat. Three great friends. My golf game was pretty lacking in all categories although I did manage to putt fairly well. After golf we headed to a mex place for lunch and then I met my family at the pool again. It was a long day outdoors, but there was no work involved. Shelbi was home for part of the weekend and brought Andrea, one of her friends from camp staff, and we grilled out and enjoyed the evening together.

Sunday was fairly typical. I spoke in our parents of smaller children's class and enjoyed being with them. I am thankful our church offers affinity groups for bible study. The afternoon consisted of us being with Morgan for sr. athletic pictures and just hangin out at home.

Morgan started soccer practice this am at 630 and Shelbi began her last full week of camp. This has been a fast summer for sure. Morgan starts her sr. year two weeks from tomorrow and we take Shelbi to Union on August 12th. Time keeps marching on and it looks like it has marched all over my face.

Today is a significant day in the lives of many friends - it is their birthday today. Some of these guys are older than others but here goes: Sid Woodruff - great ministry buddy and accountability partner; Justin Heap - ministry guy that is like a little brother in many ways; Jacob Carringer - known this guy since he was just a little pipsqueak and has turned into a huge man and has been a joy to watch grow up and mature and soon to be a daddy; Sam House - good friend at LifeWay who has effected my life more than he will ever know; and, Andy Morris - another ministry buddy who loves Jesus and makes things happen wherever he is. Happy Birthday guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul, thanks for 'following' my blog! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'm enjoying what you have to say here. Feel free to join the conversation any time.

God bless and happy blogging!