Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another Week Goes By


I finished up my week at FUGE camps in Glorieta on Saturday after getting up very early, driving to Albuquerque in time to catch a 6a flight. It was good to be home around noon though.

The week at Glorieta was very good. God showed up in a really, BIG way and many students' lives were changed. I also got a horseback ride in on Thurs. through Ruis Canyon. It had been awhile since I had ridden, but it was big fun and we saw a 4 ft. rattlesnake to boot. I was a real cowboy for sure. Also hiked on Fri. and it was good to be with a group of students for that.

The weekend was sort of fast and furious but good. Always good to be home. We got to Shelbi for a few minutes on Sun. and she has about two weeks of camp left before she is done. Morgan has sort of an off week this week with no soccer yet, but still having to get her workouts in.

Yesterday would have been my mom's 67th birthday. I do miss her but the pain does not seem as strong. God is good for sure and my dad seemed to go through yesterday pretty well too. Our nephew, Samuel, celebrates his birthday today and evidently got to open a facebook account since I got a friend request from him today.

Today Sondra had a colonoscopy due to some anemia issues we have been keeping an eye on. Many of you know that her father battled colon cancer for many years so when we got the results back today and the "all clear" we were very thankful. Her dr. has scheduled her for an endoscopy on Aug. 14 so we will see what does or does not show up there.

Marathon training is going pretty good. I am doing hills and repeats so that is always a joy. It is good to have a goal to shoot for however. Looking forward to playing golf with three of my buddies on Sat. We do not get around one another near enough. Should be good times.

The pic I took with my cheap, camera phone but the orange spot is actually rain bending and the sun shining on it. Much prettier in person however, but still pretty cool. Glorieta is a beautiful place for sure.

No comments: