Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nashville Baby!

It has been a great time in Kansas and Missouri this weekend. I headed to KC on Weds and visited with Mark Scribner and the gang at West Haven in Tonganoxie and then on Thursday met with Joe Nelson from Northland. These two guys are doing a great job of ministry and I am priviledged to get to know them better and hear about what is happening in ministry.

Had a great conference with the folks in Kansas out in Salina. I led three conferences on student development and just thoroughly enjoyed meeting new folks and renewing old friendships. It was good to see one of my profs from Seminary, Wes Black and then a good friend in ministry, Richard Ross. Terry McIllvain is the state youth guy in KS/NB and it is always good to be around him.

I am sitting at MCI ready to board good old Southwest and looking forward to being home. Tomorrow I am driving over to Jackson to see Shelbi and to do some work. It has been about a month since I saw Shelbi and am really looking forward to being with her.

The Titans go to 9-0 and the Chiefs are in a battle with the Chargers. Their first drive was for 95 yards and a td which looked pretty strong.

Enjoyed visiting with my dad and aunt this week while here in the midwest. Today I preached for dad at East Lynne and my cousins and their families came down and we had a great lunch together after church. Good times.

Ready to be home. All of the Turner's seem to be doing pretty well. Ready to be off the road soon. I am at New Orleans Seminary Thurs-Sat. this week and then a quick trip to Orlando next Monday returning on Tues. afternoon. Home sounds really good.

I am including a picture of part of team I was with in Pittsburgh last week. Good folks for sure.

No comments: