Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Travel Day

I find myself on the road again this morning headed to Orlando to meet with a group of Florida youth ministers who are trying to get at ministry in a way that is pretty Kingdom-focused which is very refreshing.Update: good meeting with the guys today. I really love what they are trying to accomplish. You will be hearing more from these FL guys for sure.

I helped teach a class at New Orleans Seminary Thursday – Saturday with one of my former bosses and a very good friend, Clyde Hall. Clyde is one of those guys who has impacted youth ministry for the last thirty to forty years. It was good to be with him and the class went well. Ate some pretty good seafood as well and then visited Port of Call, which is an establishment known for their burgers and baked potatoes. It was pretty good but I guess the Monsoon drink they do is really what they are most known for. I am not a drinker but that was not the case for the majority of the folks there. Evidently money and drinking go hand in hand. The Monsoon was $9.50 a pop and I watched more than one person drink multiples. Crazy.

I got home Saturday night to an empty house. Well, the dog was there but she does not count. Sondra and Morgan had gone to Union to be with Shelbi, watch the girls’ bball team play and just hang out. They made it home Sunday afternoon around 2p.

The post-high school class we started in early Sept. is going well. We had 16 yesterday with two regulars absent. One a fun group of folks and Kevin is doing a great job teaching. I have been traveling way too much to attend much lately but am looking forward that changing.

It is another YS Convention this week but it is in Nashville so it will be good to attend and be able to sleep in my own bed. The conventions are always a great time to make contact with youth ministers and to hang out with the LifeWay student ministry team as well. What a great group of folks. I am privileged to be a part of this group.

Tomorrow night opens up the DCA Lady Wildcats basketball season with the ladies at Harpeth Hall. Got word today that I am announcing the homes games this year and it should be fun. We will have to see how that works out. Really curious as to how the Lady Wildcats will look this year. We graduated three seniors last year and have a great group of younger athletes ready to go. Should be an exciting year.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

Glad to hear that you'll be announcing home games this year - I know you really enjoy that! Enjoy Orlando...I'm sure it's a little cooler in TN!
Steve