Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hump Day

How did it get to be Weds. already? I got back from MO/KS Sun. night and then got up Mon. am and drove to Jackson to spend the day with Shelbi. good times. We really did not do a whole lot but it was sure fun to hang out together. We did catch some coffee/hot chocolate and scones and muffins at Starbuck's and then she headed to class. I made my way to the campus coffee house to work on some class stuff for New Orleans this weekend. I sure felt a lot older around all those college students.

We got Shelbi's skype stuff and webcam hooked up and then headed to Logan's for a good meal. We talked and laughed and just pretty much enjoyed one another's company. It was a great time. I left about 430 or 500 after getting a chance to meet Brett who is a young man Shelbi has been spending some time with. Nice guy and it was pretty obvious that I did not need to get my gun out. The pic is of Shel and me right before I was getting ready to leave. We both wore striped shirts. Weird.

The rain has landed in Nashville and the last couple of morning runs have gone well. Fairly cool and no rain has been a blessing running wise. I head to New Orleans to teach a class with my former boss, Clyde and it will be great fun. I love being around Clyde and around seminary students. I have a quick trip to FL next Mon-Tues and then am home for quite a few days. Looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Steve Elkins said...

Glad to hear you and Shelbi had some good "father-daughter" time together! There's nothing better than spending qulaity time with your kids...even if it's just laughing and teasing each other!
Your Buddy,
Steve