Wednesday, November 29, 2006

New Orleans


I traveled to New Orleans today to meet with a couple of guys who do a great job of training future student ministers and to teach in a seminary class. It is my first post-Katrina visit and to say it has been overwhelming is somewhat of a great understatement. I have been shocked and saddened by the number of homes that are sitting in ruin some 15-16 months after the flood from the levee breaks. I have been here many times in the past and many of my favorites areas to run in are just desolate. The homes sit in ruin and the FEMA trailers sit in front of many of the deserted homes. It is incredibly sad to me.

I guess I did not expect it to be still so bad. It has effected me more than I could have imagined and I need to apologize to those who have lost so much for not keeping them more in the forefront of my prayers and thoughts.

Since my last blog, the week has been pretty good. Our girls played ball up in KY last night and both teams lost. The bright spot of the jv (which we played pretty badly in) was our youngest daughter getting hot and hitting a couple of 3s late in the game. She finished with 10 of the team total 19 points. The varsity game was pretty good. Many of our girls are so young and were faced with some situations they had never been in before, but all in all came out pretty good while still losing by 12 points I think.

It looks like Winter is on the way. It has been warm all week but they are calling for highs in the 40s on Friday with snow showers possible. Better enjoy the 70s today and tomorrow for awhile.

No comments: