Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Focus


I think one of the hardest things to do for many of the people that I know is to focus and make sure what they are doing is intentional and purposeful. A few years ago, Rick Warren wrote a book called The Purpose Driven Life. It has become a best seller and many people have discovered what it means to live a life of purpose.


When I was in Oklahoma, my college roommate and I had a discussion about doing things with purpose. While we did not bring up Rick's book, we talked about being in our 40s and wondering if we have been about the right things in life. Both of us have been involved in services/ministries that are about helping people. I am thankful for that. I would not like to do something that seemingly has nothing to do with helping people become intentional in what they are doing.


While I greatly enjoy sports, running, and hanging out with friends, it is important to me to know that the things I do have a positive impact on others. It is true that I miss it sometimes, but overall, I think what I do has purpose and meaning not only to myself but to others as well.


On another note . . . our girls' basketball team got a win yesterday. After an 0-2 start against two very tough teams, we played a young team (younger than us which is hard to believe) and we cruised to an easy victory.

No comments: