Friday, October 4, 2013

The Government Shutdown

A rare political rant by me. Here are my thoughts on our current state of government.

1. If I operated my household the way our current administration and Congress is operating, I would be in jail.
2. The officials that you and I helped elect seem to be less competent than they presented themselves to be at election time. (I am including all parties.)
3. My grandfather would say when we were out of hand, horse playing in his house, "you boys straighten up; act like you got some sense; get up out the floor and get to work." Seems to be pertinent in our current governmental climate.
4. Please open the National Parks. We are going to AZ on vacation and really would like to spend the day
at the Grand Canyon (selfish on my part). It would also be very good to put government employees back to work.
5. Remember, just holding a position of leadership does not mean you are a leader. If you hold a political position, be a leader and lead. The whole bunch of ya.

No comments: